Customers and partners are valuable assets to the Stena Metall Group. Therefore, it is important to us that you feel confident about how we treat your personal data. It must be treated in a safe and secure manner and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. You can read more about your rights below and visit the EU GDPR website for more information.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is any information that can be linked directly or indirectly to an individual. Typically, personal data includes personal identification numbers, names and addresses. Photographs of individuals or IP numbers can also be classified as personal data.
An organization number is personal data if it relates to a self-employed individual. However, GDPR/Data Protection legislation does not apply to legal entities.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Stena Metall AB (organization number 556138-8371) and its affiliate companies are legally responsible for the personal data that they hold.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is collected before entering into any customer relationship, contract or assignment. Personal data may also be collected from suppliers, partners and other stakeholders.
Personal data is mainly collected and processed by us when entering into, administering and fulfilling agreements and contracts, or when it is legally required.
We collect and process personal data from individuals that use our support functions, visit our websites or attend events that we organize or when they otherwise contact us.
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE HOLD ABOUT YOU?
Personal data that we collect and process includes:
- Names and personal identification numbers, organization numbers or national ID.
- Contact information, such as addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
- Customer numbers.
- Payment Data.
- Information about purchases.
- IP address and information about your visits to Stena Metall websites.
- Information about which of our products or offers individuals have shown interest in, how they interact with our newsletters and which of our events they have applied to attend
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND PROCESS DATA ABOUT YOU?
We collect and process personal data for different purposes. We primarily do this in order to:
- Fulfill our obligations to customers, such as enabling purchases, invoicing and providing support.
- Manage customer relationships and supply products and services.
- Carry out general customer care and customer service, such as answering questions and correcting incorrect data.
- Provide information and direct marketing, by mail, email, SMS and telephone
- Provide relevant information and relevant offers in newsletters, as well as on the internet.
- Improve our customer offerings, such as developing services, products and functions.
- Comply with relevant legislation, such as accounting laws.
WHAT LEGAL CONDITIONS APPLY TO THE PERSONAL DATA THAT WE HOLD?
We base our collection and processing of personal data on a range of legislation, which is described below.
For example, we process personal data in order to fulfill agreements and contracts with customers – to make bookings, purchases and produce invoices.
In some cases, we are legally obliged to collect and process personal data, for example, in order to comply with accounting legislation. In these cases, we only save data to ensure legal compliance.
Some of the personal data processing that we carry out is based on so-called legitimate interest. For example, this applies to personal data processing carried out in order to send offers about our goods and services. We do not process sensitive personal data in order to do this and do not perform any processing that constitutes profiling based on legitimate interest.
Finally, we can only process personal data with your explicit consent. You can withdraw your consent by contacting us. Our contact details are given below.
HOW LONG DO WE SAVE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is only stored for as long as it is necessary for the purposes described in this document. It will only be saved for longer periods if it is required to fulfill legal requirements or to safeguard our legal interests.
WHO DO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We may share personal data with third parties, such as Stena Metall Group companies and other partners and suppliers. We may also provide personal data to companies that offer address update services, in order to ensure that we have up-to-date information.
Personal data may also be shared in order to comply with applicable legislation or government requirements. It may also be shared in order to safeguard our legal interests or detect and prevent security and technical problems.
We may transfer your personal data to countries outside the EU/EEA, if Stena Metall Group suppliers or partners are located there. Should personal data be transferred outside EU/EEA, such transfers shall be in accordance with applicable Data Protection Laws and require the receiving entity, if located in a country outside EU/EEA, to have adequate levels of data protection and safeguards in place.
We will not sell your personal data to third parties unless we have specific consent from you.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA PROTECTED?
It is important that you feel confident when submitting your personal data to us. We have therefore taken the necessary security, technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data and ensure that it is processed in accordance with all relevant legislation.
Stena Metall is responsible for processing the personal data it holds in accordance with all relevant legislation. On request, or on our own initiative, we will correct, de-identify, delete or supplement information that is found to be incorrect, incomplete or misleading.
You are entitled to:
- Right to access to your personal information. This means that you are entitled to request information of any processing we carry out on your personal data. You are also entitled to receive a copy of all the personal data that we hold about you. You are entitled to receive information of personal data processing we have carried out, the purpose of this processing and any parties that we have shared your personal data with. You also have the right to be informed of the sources of any personal data that has not been collected from you, the existence of automated decision-making (including profiling) and the length of time your personal data will be stored (and the criteria used to determine this period). You also have the right to obtain information about the other rights listed in this document.
- Correction of your personal data. At your request, we will amend incorrect or incomplete information that we hold about you as quickly as possible.
- Deletion of your personal data. You are entitled to request that your personal data be deleted if it is no longer required for the purposes under which it was collected. We may not be able to delete your personal information immediately if it is needed to comply with legal requirements, such as tax or accounting. In these cases, we will only use your data in order to fulfill our legal obligations.
- Restriction of handling. Your personal information can be marked so that it may only be used for limited purposes.
You are entitled to data portability, which means that you have the right, under certain conditions, to extract and transfer personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit it to another personal data controller.
You are entitled to object to personal data processing performed on the basis of a legitimate interest. If you object to this, we will only continue processing your personal data if there are legitimate reasons that outweigh your interests.
If you do not want us to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you are entitled to object by sending an email to privacy(at)stenametall.com or contacting us (see below). Once we have received your instruction, we will cease processing your personal data for these purposes.
You are entitled to lodge any complaints regarding the processing of your personal data with the supervisory authorities.
This information is valid as of 18-08-2021.